> CLICK HERE < to read a PDF of the "In Your Dreams" Article from The Carmel Pine Cone >>
> CLICK HERE < for Art, Culture and Recreation Links for our area.
A M E N I T I E S
New Custom Estate Home Background - Point Lobos Ridge Carmel, California Home Style:
- A modern estate home with seamless transitions between indoor and outdoor living
spaces with twenty five exterior doors opening to native grass meadows and slate
patios. Thousands of acres of open space border this ridge-top property
- Three master bedrooms suites plus guest bedroom
- Great room, living, dinning and kitchen
Two fireplaces and wine cellar
- Radiant floor heating throughout
- Detached underground garage with roof of native grasses
- Unlimited water supply from private water system of two residences generating over sixty gallons per minute
Upper floor: 2,489 square feet
Lower floor: 1,864 square feet
Detached garage: 576 square feet
Total: 4,726 square feet (square footage taking from plans)
Home Floor Plans:
Solid brass and copper lighting fixtures
Rubbed bronze low voltage lighting
Recessed low voltage lighting
- Lutron HomeWorks Dimming System
- QED low voltage motored shades
- Truth low voltage motored windows
- White Bronze, Rocky Mountain hardware throughout home. Faucets, hinges, door opening latches ect.
- 100 plus year old Reclaimed oversized post and beans from the Great Salt Lake.
- Reclaimed barn wood ceiling planks.
- Detached garage with native grass rooftop.
- Four built in matching SubZero under counter refrigerator and freezer.
- Pantry, SubZero Refrigerator/Freezer
- Wolf Cook top and oven
- Two dishwashers Fisher – Paykel
- Engineered stone counter tops
- Customer cabinet’s hand crafted by Mark Sullivan.
- Custom Built-in BBQ, granite sink concrete counter and cabinet
- Concrete floors and pool plaster showers.
- Materbath, enclosed exterior tub and Mosaic tile shower
- Limestone counter tops.
- Hammered nickel steel sinks.
- Concrete sink in lover bath
- Powder, ½ bath. Sonoma stone sink with custom steel base
- Oversized slate seamlessly connects South & North patios and great room.
- Stone bench with glass rail outlines North Patio perimeter.
- Built-in to slate patio is a Water Lilly pond / Waterfall
- Organic shaped Valagoman stone retaining walls.
- Copper roof.
- Stone lower level exterior walls
- French doors open to native grass and wild flower meadows
- Native landscaping with low voltage lighting to highlight pathway landscape.
- Radiant floor heat through out home
- 2 fireplaces
- Wine Cellar
- Floor to ceiling glass
Privacy and Open Space:
- Among the highest peaks on the Monterey Peninsula, carefully tucked in on a 1,200-foot ridge-top setting on 8.73 acres. Sweeping panoramic open water views of Carmel Beach, River Beach, Still Water Cove, and Monterey Bay, stretching to Moss Landing, Santa Cruz and even Ano Nuevo on a clear day.
- Unique microclimate is 10 – 15 degrees warmer than Carmel and high above the fog. Sunrises and Sunsets are 360 degrees and Carmel Village lights up the night below as the fog treads it’s way through the Valley. Thousands of acres of California State Parks open space are on two sides of the property. Large open space allows for little ambient light creating an abundance of stars and planet viewing.
Big Sur Setting - Carmel Location:
- You will begin your drive on a 1.8 mile private road that winds through the Whisler horse and cattle ranch and climbs from sea level to 1,200 feet traveling through a forest of Monterey Pines, Cypress Trees, Redwoods and Maritime Chaparral. This small-gated community consists of only eight land/home owners and the California State Parks.
The Rewards of Patience:
- The year was 1998 when this home, designed for Lou and Kristin Sena, received a California Coastal Development permit. After four permit extensions, three amendments and a California Coastal Commission project appeal letter; we finally obtained a building permit and broke ground in November 2005. After almost two years of construction this timeless home is complete.
- Architect: Mary Ann Schicketanz of Caver + Schicketanz
For Mary Ann architecture is a way of life. She seeks beauty and serenity through natural elegance. Her work can be modest and noble, unforced and easy, achieved through a classic simplicity. Creating a seamless division between architecture, interior design and landscape.
- Builder: Butch Kronlund of Big Sur Builders
Butch brings 30 years of building experience and the higher level and natural energy of Big Sur to his work. Butch is supported with a dedicated Big Sur-based crew and team of sub-contractors. The work of Big Sur Builders includes Post Ranch Inn and Esalen Baths.
Owners: Lou and Kristin Sena
- Point Lobos Ridge has been home for Lou, Kristin and their three children
for over sixteen years. For over twenty-five years, Lou has been the
President and CEO of SenaReider, a globally recognized ad agency with offices in San Francisco and Monterey, California. Most recently Lou has put some of his creative energy into starting Aiena Wines, a Burgundian style Pinot Noir and Chardonnay from the Santa Lucia Highlands. Winter 2008 we released our Aiena 2005 Pinot Noir which sold out in 90 days. Kristin, as a wedding planner put her experience work decorating the new Point Lobos Ridge Home. This venue has been the site for dozens of weddings, receptions and family reunions.